This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 7, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in data analysis, working with databases, and querying (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce, Hadoop).
- Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience with fraud and abuse dynamics in online platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related technical field.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Coding (e.g., C/C++, Python, Java), Databases and querying (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce, Hadoop), Statistical analysis (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS, SAS).
- Experience with fraud risk management and investigations, Internet advertising, or e-commerce along with working in a security and/or privacy team on data protection and user trust.
- Understanding of how the Internet works economically and socially.
- Understanding of online advertising and regulatory trends.
- Excellent social and influencing skills.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
In this role, you will coach others, solve technological challenges, and set scalable standards. You’ll balance the short-term requirements we face while demonstrating the ability to see the big picture and make quantitatively based long-term recommendations accordingly. This role may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content during team escalations in line with YouTube’s community guidelines. This role also requires the ability to participate in an On-Call rotation schedule to manage high priority escalations that may occur outside of standard non work hours including weekends/holidays.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $117,000 – $126,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Perform data analyses and deliver actionable reports and data insights that drive decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering, Sales and Legal, and other Trust and Safety Enforcement teams to deploy innovative processes and policies to derive better knowledge of YouTube Partner Program Abuse.
- Build and increase efficiency on operational workflows via process improvements and identify automation opportunities. Identify and investigate trends to define and implement enforcement strategies to address account-related abuse, questionable business practices, violations of Google’s policies, and general misuse of our products.
- Manage escalations with a quick turn-around time to define and deliver the best action plan.
- Manage and respond to escalations from internal and external parties. Provide on-call support for organization wide Bug Priority issues and escalations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.