Website Oversight Board
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 20, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Oversight Board
The Oversight Board makes binding and independent decisions about the most challenging content issues on Facebook and Instragram. Members of the Board include Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark, Tawakkol Karman, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Michael McConnell, Director of Stanford’s Constitutional Law Center, and may other diverse leaders and thinkers from around the world. The Board issued its first decisions in January 2021.
The Oversight Board Administration is the team of full-time staff who supports Board Members in carrying out their duties. The Administration has a presence in London, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., and operates with a global scope.
You can learn more about the Board at www.oversightboard.com.
Role and responsibilities
Joining the Oversight Board Administration is a chance to be part of an organization which is leading on some of the most challenging issues facing the tech industry and society.
As Project Manager, you will work as a critical team player within the Content Team to execute, measure, and improve operational processes and procedures across the Content team and with its internal and external partners. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Project Manager, will support the Content team at the Oversight Board, which works closely with Board Members to make binding and independent decisions about the most challenging content issues on Facebook and Instagram.
The Content team is a core substantive function of the Oversight Board Administration which oversees case operations, including case screening, case development, policy and research, and monitoring implementation and impact. You’ll use your expertise to manage complex projects with senior, cross-functional stakeholders, with a strong ability in navigating competing priorities and guiding teams toward the finish line with grace.
You’ll need to be nimble and flexible, navigating time zones, cultures and a wide variety of stakeholder perspectives with ease. Strong communication and process development are crucial because you will support the Senior Program Manager to review and improve existing processes to create more streamlined solutions and process roadmaps. The role will include leading complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the organization. It is your role to coordinate the team players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Deftly align a variety of stakeholders, including Content, Communications, Legal, IT, etc. to drive decision-making, meet deadlines, and make progress against key objectives.
- Create, uphold, and communicate detailed project plans and status updates, including case and policy advisory opinion timelines, throughout all phases of project/program development.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional roadmap and goals on owned initiatives. Deliver overview and status reporting and identify and escalate obstacles for resolution to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve as key connecter with cross-functional partners to ensure the Content Team is present for key conversations and hold cross-functional partners accountable to shared deadlines.
- Support content team meetings and events through scheduling, holding stakeholders accountable to deadlines, establishing clear productive agendas, and maintaining and appropriately sharing meeting records, takeaways, and action items.
- Facilitate communication and administration of vendor and external stakeholder relationships.
- Collect, analyze and report data to drive improvements and iterate on programs.
- Track program performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term objectives.
- Evaluate, revamp and improve existing processes into more nimble and streamlined ones through creative problem solving and driving innovative solutions.
- Ensure knowledge management and information flows are structured in an accessible way and innovate new tools and processes to support knowledge management and information flows.
This position will be based at the Administration’s office of Washington D.C. Oversight Board offers hybrid/flexible working and we encourage candidates across the East Coast United States to apply. To allow for collaboration in the team, this position will operate on Eastern Time (EST).
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates are liable to have the following skills and experiences:
- Extensive project management experience working with cross-functional teams, including a penchant for diplomacy and creative problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization with experience leading cross-functional process improvements and holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals.
- Passion for content moderation, trust and safety, free expression, human rights, and/or technology policy.
- Experience working across cultures, time zones and disciplines, and within organizations with an international footprint and reach.
- An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle. Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with particular emphasis on attention to detail.
- Experience of working within the tech industry is desirable.
- Experience supporting principles in scheduling and coordination.
To apply for this job please visit oversightboard.bamboohr.com.