- June 17, 2021 10:00 am – 11:00 am (PDT)
- July 1, 2021 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- July 15, 2021 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- July 29, 2021 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- August 12, 2021 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Global Digital Rights Challenges
Hosted by Promise Institute and ITLP at UCLA Law
Around the world, repressive governments are seeking new and innovative ways to port censorship to the online space, while private sector tech companies increasingly find themselves responsible for making policy on the counters of global speech. Here at home, digital technologies have also become the latest front for debates on systemic racism, and the potential for new technologies to entrench patterns of discrimination. This series, which features global activists on the frontlines of these debates, will examine the pressing digital rights challenges manifesting around the world.